Spend your time at home by creating one of our zero waste concept cocktails, Remon!
Translated as 'lemon', this Japanese-inspired sour delivers an exciting twist with every sip. A blend of Japanese gin, honey, umeshu, grapefruit and togarashi makes this a sour to remember.
Have any leftover chickpea? Upcycle it to create chickpea water, replacing the usual egg white, to create vegan foam for this sour cocktail.
- • Lemon 20ml
- • Honey 20ml
- • Aquafaba 30ml
- • Grapefruit juice 60ml
- • Umeshu 10ml
- • Roku Gin 40ml
- • Togarashi
- 1. Soak dry chickpeas in plenty of water and leave for overnight.
- 2. Discard the water and rinse the chickpeas. Place the chickpeas into a pot.
- 3. Add 8 cups of water into the pot and cover the pot with lid.
- 4. Bring the pot to boil. Skim the foam that has come to the top and discard.
- 5. Lower the heat and simmer until tender.
- 6. Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- 7. Remove the chickpeas from the cooking water. Allow the liquid to cool down.
- 8. Store the aquafaba separately.
- 1. Pour all the ingredients into a shaker
- 2. Dryshake
- 3. Add ice
- 4. Then shake again
- 5. Pour into a glass
- 6. Garnish with togarashi.
- 7. Enjoy!
How to make Aquafaba: