From protecting our environment to advancing the local community, Alila Kothaifaru Maldives aims to drive positive impact through innovative and intuitive ways.
In line with our goal to achieve EarthCheck certification, the world’s leading environmental certification and benchmarking programme for the travel and tourism industry, green initiatives have been implemented from the ground up, including:
- Thoughtful architecture built around the island’s natural landscape, conserving up to 70% of the existing vegetation and the maximum number of native trees
- Use of eco-friendly alternatives to single-use plastics
- Sustainable water consumption practices
- Widening the energy mix to include recyclable energy
- Waste management measures including converting paper products and vegetable waste into fertiliser and the use of an on-site bottle crusher and garbage compactor
Doing our part to foster a sustainable future and wellbeing for all, we support the development of the local community through internship, employment and partnership opportunities."