experience alila @ home
Rye Spaghetti Sambal Matah with Tempeh
Enjoy spaghetti mixed with traditional Indonesian flavors such as tempeh, a traditional fermented soy product, and sambal matah, a spicy paste made from ingredients such as shallots, chilies, tomatoes and lemongrass.
- • 100gr Shallot
- • 25gr Lemongrass
- • 5gr Chili
- • 15gr Coconut Oil
- • 15gr Tempeh
- • 65gr Coconut Milk
- • 10gr Sliced Garlic
- • Salt
- • Fresh Kemangi Basil or Italian Basil Leaves
- • To make Sambal Matah, chop shallot, lemongrass, and chili and place them in a large bowl. Mix them with virgin coconut oil and salt.
- • Finely slice tempeh around 5mm lengthways.
- • Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in a medium-sized wok, then add some sliced garlic.
- • Stir-fry sliced tempeh over heated coconut oil, add Sambal Matah and coconut milk.
- • Let it simmer for 1 minute, sauté until the sauce is thick and saucy, then add pre-boiled spaghetti.
- • Place spaghetti and top them with fresh basil leaves to give a fresh herbaceous flavor.